4 December 2011

ON THE ROAD


I have just discovered Instagram, why did I not know about this earlier? It is like photoshop for iPhone for technically challenged people. Very addictive.

This morning I woke up early and felt like a bike ride, a proper one. Out the door at 8am, I headed for the riverside bike path that Taipei is famous for... but I had yet to visit!

Goodbye gross traffic and petrol fumes, hello waterside, green grass and fresh air.




I rode to the Taipei Zoo, about 16km there and back, thank god it was mainly flat because my bike has no gears! I felt rather inadequate as beautiful Italian road bikes glided past me...

John Key should take note this cycleway is very nice, the surface is good, there are separate lanes for pedestrians and cyclists, handy distance markers, bathrooms and maps - they've put a lot of thought into it.


 When I got to the zoo, I stopped for a second breakfast. Flavoured milk, the best thing to have following exercise, and an egg and bacon pancake.... it is the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment