22 August 2011

GLAMOROUS


My first day in Taipei, spent in an airless laundromat washing 3 weeks worth of dirty clothes. It is so hot I can barely think, thank god for the fabulous fan I bought in Chengdu, a lifesaver. The passionfruit juice helped too!

Aside from the immediate discomfort, I am in serious culture shock today.

I can't read very much as they use complicated traditional characters different to the simplified form used in China. It is weird being illiterate.

Also, the people are so nice! It is utterly shocking to me after 3 months in China. I feel like I have become a savage compared to these lovely Taiwanese people who say thank you, don't spit, don't honk their horns.... It is a surreal experience.

Off to start viewing apartments, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment