23 August 2011

LAZY DAYS, CRAZY NIGHTS


I've been in Taipei for almost two days now, and I'm beginning to settle into a routine. Right now, I'm staying at the hostel pictured above. It is so strange, basically like we are all living in someones house, not like any hostel I've stayed in. However, it seems like a rite of passage here in Taipei. Whenever I say that I am staying at a hostel, people say "oh, Eight Elephants?"

Right now, my top priority is to find the perfect apartment. From what I've seen so far, this will not be a walk in the park. 

I spend the day searching the rental websites and calling people to set up viewings, then at night (when everyone is at home) I go and look....

Last night, my first night, I went to three apartments. It was pretty scary. Taiwanese landlords yelling at tenants who still haven't moved out, animals, chain smokers, belly dancers, fluorescent lighting, no windows..... . Not to mention that there are so many other people looking, the pressure is really on. However, last night there was one that I liked, I find out in a couple of days whether it can be mine or not - she has a lot of interest.... Ah I cannot take the suspense!

Luckily in a few days I have school registration and placement tests to worry about. In the meantime, I'm going to sort through our Tibet photos - a pleasant distraction indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment