15 February 2012

A FINAL FAREWELL


We had our ups and downs, but by the end of our trip, the group had really bonded. I had initially had my doubts about doing a group trip (my Bamboo Sea experience being the only thing I had to compare it to and that was only 2 days!) We were a group of 10, half retired, and half young-ish so it turned out to be a good mix. It was nice to have company (the thought of going alone was one of the things that made me delay in buying a ticket) but I don't think I'd do it again unless I had a friend within the group and the destination was somewhere really intrepid.

After a few false goodbyes we ended up having a last meal together at an outdoor market. It was lovely, the food was superb, cheap and everyone was in great spirits.


After days of being good, I went all out and did the fried thing! I kicked myself when someone else ordered a whole bbq-ed snapper... it was so tasty (and US$7.)


and of course some ice cream to finish. Apologies for the lack of a group shot but I didn't get them on my camera, when I get sent it, I'll be sure to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment