1 July 2011

TEMPLE TIME


So I changed my mind about not seeing any temples this time round. In Chengdu I was persuaded to visit the Wenshu Temple. It's true, it seemed exactly like every other temple I've seen but it had one very important point of difference - a highly praised vegetarian restaurant onsite. Of course, I had to try it!

The day I visited, it was a self service buffet, which suited me perfectly. It was NZ$6 for entry, but if you returned a clean plate, you got a $1 rebate!

My plate was a bit more modest in size than others, everyone else was definitely looking to get as much value for money as possible (hilarious to watch). Tofu many different ways and lots of vegetables. It was a refreshing change as meat sneaks into most of the dishes here. I think it would be pretty difficult to maintain a strict vegetarian diet.

A dessert of black glutinous rice, and some sweet deep fried nothings (recurring theme?)

No comments:

Post a Comment