19 November 2011

HK DILEMMA


It will not stop raining so I am stuck indoors today (like every other day this week gah!)

Thinking about Christmas and am faced with a terrible dilemma that has basically consumed me all afternoon - what to eat at the first supper?

Yuanyang (coffee with tea) pictured above is a timeless classic and a complete no brainer, but what do I get with it?

Shrimp dumpling and noodle soup?


Oyster fritter?


 Fish Dumpling and noodle soup (even the wrapper is made of fish!)


Curry Beef Brisket (sounds and looks questionable, actually delicious)


Congee from Ho Hung Kee?


Or something sweet? Like black glutinous rice with coconut and mango.


Macanese style ginger milk pudding?


Macanese egg tarts?


Or the classic, waffle. Since it's winter, maybe even one with peanut butter and condensed milk?


I cannot decide. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I VOTE OYSTER FRITTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! But unfortunately it's in Kowloon and my hotel is on HK Island. Since I'm not arriving until late evening, I've decided on Mak's Noodle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mak's_Noodle). It's right down the st from the hotel so I can pop in as soon as arrive. I'll get the wonton soup AND the beef brisket noodles. Yum.

    ReplyDelete