9 November 2011

RAIN RAIN RAIN... MORE RAIN


And it's meant to continue for the rest of the week which is super depressing; the only good thing  to take from this is that I can wear my gumboots everyday, the price per wear is rapidly declining.

Sadly I'm not as skillful as the Taiwanese girls when it comes to holding an umbrella and cycling at the same time so I'm relegated to the bus. (I admit I did think about buying one of those rain ponchos... for about 2 seconds before I regained my self respect.)

You have to actually stand on the road by the bus stop and hail it if you want to get on which makes me feel a bit ridiculous. Today a nice man asked me which bus I was waiting for and did this for me so I had a lucky escape.

In other rainy day news I got my first utility bill, here below, how does it compare to NZ?



At an exchange rate of NZ$1 : TWD$23.9163 (Thank you XE Currency iPhone App)

Gas: NZ$ 18
Water: NZ$ 47.30
Electricity: NZ$ 151.20

These values are for 2 months, also divide by two as there are two of us. Good or bad? I'm embarrassed to say I've never had to pay utilities before so I have no point of reference. I think it's quite reasonable yes?

Granted I don't actually shower at home and we've only just started to use the kitchen. But still very good I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment